Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's it going fellow riders, I just wanted to ask if anyone knew about a helmet called SHOEI X-9 YAMAHA TC-2. I believe it's a Japanese model of the SHOEI if i'm correct. it says it meets Snell M2005 JIS MFJ and was wondering if that's equivalent to US DOT approved. Please help me out here =) Thanks ahead.

·
It's a lifestyle
155 Posts
If it is SNELL then it should surely meet DOT requirements.

Can you use a helmet that is not stamped by the DOT in the US? I know you can but will you still get a ticket for 'faulty equipment' or something along those lines?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank so much, It's my first time riding and i'm just more worried about it protecting my head than receiving a ticket. I hear SHOEI is up there in quality so i hope it does it's job~ Thanks soo much Dark :)

·
It's a lifestyle
155 Posts
no problem. if it is SNELL approved then you should be good to go :wave

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
Thats my next helmet is a Shoei. I have an HJC from when i bought my bike that they threw in but safety ratings arent the best so def Shoei when i get the $$$

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
that loooks like a yamaha on the helmet...noice!

·
Happy go Lucky Guy
396 Posts
how would you compare Arai towards Shoei

·
Happy go Lucky Guy
396 Posts
head shape / reviews ?

·
Custom User Title
4,556 Posts
very similar as far as quality and safety, i prefer Arai over Shoei tho.

Shark is the best helmet in the business right now tho IMHO.
i want a shark helmet but they just dont fit my melon! different helmets fit different head shapes. shark was too narrow but felt like if would've fit it would've been a great helmet. SHoei is awesome but AraI is just AMAZING! if i had the extra 650$ to shell out i would definitely get an AraI but till then, my icon works ok. :flex:

·
It's a lifestyle
155 Posts
head shape / reviews ?
There is more than one head shape and not every manufacturer creates a helmet for each. There are versions of round heads and oval heads.

Reviews; you'll want to know what others have to say about comfort, wind noise, ease of use, reliability, etc. Safety is a given since most helmets are tested to be within a standard if not better.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts