Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought an r6 recently. after i bought it however i noticed that the inside part of the fork ( the blue part, one was higher than the other. ), was uneven. the handling is kind of different than my friends r6. but i thought it was because the tires are unevenly worn. can that part of the fork effect the handling of my r6? if so, any suggestions how i can fix it. thank you any help will do good.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
umm what year is it, cause the 99-02s have an offset somewhere on the fork but im not sure where it is your talkin about onyours

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mine is a 2000 r6. yea i think it is an offset. it looks adjustable ( the middle part of the fork. ) the right fork is about 3 lines above the left fork. thank you. is there anyway you can adjust the middle part of the r6?

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
well if one side is has more lines showin then the other side u need to adjust it to where they are the same. havin one side stiffer or softer then the other side is quite dangerous. if that dont fix it then let u know. :cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i know. im asking if anybody knows how to do it? do i have to complete disassemble the front or can i just adjust from the top? thank you.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts

ok im not positive on this but this pic will help. at the top of your fork there should be a screw head lookin part(its in the middle of the blue part in the pic). u need to turn this and the lines should disappear or more will appear. now if this is how your bike looks at the top of your forks then this should work for ya, if not check the manual in the download section of the forum and u can find where the adjustments can be made and how they can be made.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok that is it. one of the blue part of the fork is higher. alright then i have one more question. is there a recomended of how the settings should be? thanks for your help man.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
i know there is some from magazines so u might check their websites and see what u can find. also i know there was a thread in the suspension section here that discusses it and i think had some recommended adjustments and links for it also. glad i could help ya man. :cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts