Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I had recently laid down my 2009 r6, it didnt seem too bad. I replaced the stay bracket and got the fairings repainted. After all that i finally got it out the garage and took it for a little ride. first off all oil was spraying out from the coolant overflow when i got to about 7000 rpms. i thought this would be normal after it was laying on it side for roughly 5 min, maybe the airbox had some oil in there or something like that. then after about 20 minutes of riding i noticed coolant on my shoes and pulled over to check it out. While idling i reached the 214 degrees and my fans cut on, when this happened coolant went EVERYWHERE. i couldnt pin point where but it looked like the strongest point was in the middle of the radiator. i have no idea where to start with this or should i just take it up to yamaha??

·
Sex and Bikes Go Together
1,222 Posts
Check and see if you have a leak in your radiator? Theirs some of this neon looking stuff and held up to a blacklight you can see where it's leaking from. Other than that yeah I'd say have someone look at it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts