Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, as the title says... Let me know what you guys think of the wear % on these clutch plates.

Looking to get a bike going on the cheap.. and I have this clutch from my parts motor, what do you guys think?

How much life left you feel on these ?

Thanks!
:toocool:

·
pin it to win it
8,052 Posts
Got a micrometer? You can get new plates pretty cheap man. Imo id run them if it slips quick fix, if not ride on

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,797 Posts
Get a caliper and check the thickness. That's the best way to tell if they are in spec.

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,695 Posts
they look great, but as the guys posted above, get a $10 digital micrometer and measure fiber thickness. New is 3.0mm, minimum spec is 2.85mm. If they are 2.9mm or less i wouldn't waste time installing them but i bet they measure out over 2.9

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,797 Posts
they look great, but as the guys posted above, get a $10 digital micrometer and measure fiber thickness. New is 3.0mm, minimum spec is 2.85mm. If they are 2.9mm or less i wouldn't waste time installing them but i bet they measure out over 2.9
:werd

I never realized how much I would use a caliper/micrometer until I went and spent the $10 on one. Must have tool!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.