Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Updated: 2:32 p.m. ET March 22, 2005LISBON, Conn. - A state trooper was suspended for 15 days without pay after he was recorded on a 911 tape saying “too bad” to a caller seeking help for a man injured in a motorcycle accident.

State police said the dismissive answer by Trooper Robert Peasley did not affect the response time to the accident involving Justin Sawyer, 21, who died of a severe head injury a week after the crash last August. Peasley was suspended on Monday.

Russell Shepard, a friend of Sawyer’s, called 911, which was routed to the state police barracks in Montville. When he reported the accident, Peasley said, “Yeah ... too bad,” and hung up, according to a tape obtained by WTNH-TV.

Wrong number?
Shepard said he was shocked, believing he reached a wrong number.

Another friend made a second call. “Yeah,” the officer responded. “Help will get there. Shouldn’t be playing games.”

A third emergency call was answered by a different dispatcher, who asked about Sawyer’s condition and advised those nearby to not touch him.

“I am absolutely outraged every time I hear that ‘too bad’ and then click,” said Sawyer’s father, Jim Sawyer. “I only know that I would have felt a whole lot more comfortable if I had heard people responding on the end of that 911 call with some heart and caring.”

State police said the comments by Peasley, an 18-year-veteran, were unprofessional, and the agency apologized if “our actions added to the family’s pain.”

© 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7267447/?GT1=6305

CSP Press Release- http://www.state.ct.us/dps/dpspio/archives/march 2005/03-22-05peasley.pdf

Petition to remove the "Too Bad" 911 officer-
http://www.petitiononline.com/Peasley/petition.html

·
Registered
416 Posts
im glad no body here no's where that trooper stays .. cuz i know everybody on this forum would find a way to get there and whoop his ass ... i know i would ... i wonder who's gonna call for him .. fuckin bitch .. that shit pisses me off .. :cuss

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
WOW, THE COP SHOULD GET WAY MORE THAN 15 DAY SUSPENSION.

He basically let a helpless kid lay there to die slow.(eventhough he died a week later). Man if i was that kids father. I'll beat that POS to death. OH WAIT YOUR DEAD "TOO BAD MAN"

·
Registered
279 Posts
the cop should be burned slowly, till hes crisp....then droped off some where, where he can lay and rot!....

SOB...**** i hate people like that

·
Registered
629 Posts
Where does that low life get off thinking that he can tell a 911 caller "too bad"???? They are supposed to be there to assist. What a jerk!

:cuss

·
Registered
784 Posts
My question is, how do they now that the 5-10 minutes the cop spent fucking around didn't mean the difference between life and death for the motorcycle rider. You ask me, a minute can make a difference, ask a doctor. I would have a very, very good lawyer on this one if I were the family. Sorry sack of shit. 18 years service, he should have known better than that.

·
Registered
886 Posts
well i signed the petition hope he gets can .. dummass cop .. theres one like that up on the crest talkking smack about people that have gone down .. i read on another forum i think they were also goign to file a complaint about his comments on fallen riders up on the crest...

·
Registered
587 Posts
He may have only received a 15 day suspension, but you know his ass and the city is going to be sued.... regardless of supposevly the response time wasnt effective. The last person this guy heard in his life was too bad....

1 - 20 of 63 Posts