Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exactly how do you polish a bike frame to look like chrome(or close anyways)??? do you hand polish it, or you gotta use a buffer??? and what is the best polish to use?? thanks a lot

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Just be patient when going about it and it'll be sweet!
Perhaps you can take pictures of the process while you are doing it, and of course, before and afters, so that anyone else who might want to do it, can see how it's done and how you did it?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah it's gonna be a pain but what the hell, i prolly won't get it put back together before winter anyways so i might as well take it apart some more...that's a good idea, i'll be sure and do that...thanks a lot

·
Registered
531 Posts
Also be prepared to pull her apart every winter to repolish all the bits you couldn't get to during summer when shes all together. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
106 Posts
dammm ,im doing mine as we speak!!!! i did the frame but now im working on that damm swing arm!! :jump

·
Registered
25 Posts
howzit bradahs,
just finished the frame and the triple tree but I gotta do the swing arm next.
Its addicting....
Will post pics when I can....

Eh All-bust...
How you doing your swing arm. Are you taking it apart to get to the hard to reach areas or are you just doing it as is. Polishing shouldn't be as hard as its already smooth. Just gotta get rid of the coating with oven cleaner. Let me know...

K-den

·
Registered
25 Posts
By the way,
I used an air compressor with attatchments to force the coating off the frame. After that, I walked it through 400, 600, 1000, 1500, 2000 grit sanding.

Took me couple week cause i did it on and off, but looks solid.

:hump

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
i just wish i had the time and patience to do something like that.

it took me a long time just to do the headlight/euro parking light. i just finished it a few days ago. but i still have to mount my spare headlight with mod on the bike. someday i will have to get off my ass and kick the kickstand down and get off the bike, and finish it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yo....... damm i took the whole thing apart!!it sucked really bad!! but to this day i still dident finish it!!! hahaha **** it !! i still dident do in the corners and stuff, oh well. but just a few days ago i finished my forks!! looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!! The forks took me about 2 days to do, the swing arm took me about 8 days!! Good luck EHHHHHHH

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yo....... damm i took the whole thing apart!!it sucked really bad!! but to this day i still dident finish it!!! hahaha **** it !! i still dident do in the corners and stuff, oh well. but just a few days ago i finished my forks!! looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!! The forks took me about 2 days to do, the swing arm took me about 8 days!! Good luck EHHHHHHH

·
Registered
106 Posts

1 - 13 of 13 Posts