Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Thank you, Chuck Norris.
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my bike is up on the stand for the winter and every 7 days or so I'll start it up and let it get up to temperature. After I had turned it off today, I noticed the leak spots shown in the picture. They're directly below the cat and exhaust pipe.

Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
501 Posts
what does the liquid look like? I mean can you tell if it is oil or coolant so on or so on you know. I don't know did you lube your chain or anything lately? that is what atleast the one closer to the rear tire looks like.

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
Yes its condensation...if ya look under your bike you'll see a hole in the cat where the water is coming from...that's what its there for:fact

·
12,482 Posts
Also... if you have winterized the bike, it's best NOT to touch it. Don't start it up just because. Take the battery out and put it on a trickle charger. If you don't have one, just charge it up maybe twice during the winter.

Starting it up and not riding it like that COULD do more damage.

·
12,482 Posts
Oh... I understood you. Yes, that's what the a person would think when they are forming and EDUCATED GUESS. You doing that is not a sign of being uneducated at all IMO. Hell, I thought to do the same thing with my first bike.

If you've already put Stabil in the tank, remove the battery and you should be all set. You've already put it up on stands and that'll prevent any flat spots or whatever you call 'em on the tires.

·
Thank you, Chuck Norris.
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh... I understood you. Yes, that's what the a person would think when they are forming and EDUCATED GUESS. You doing that is not a sign of being uneducated at all IMO. Hell, I thought to do the same thing with my first bike.

If you've already put Stabil in the tank, remove the battery and you should be all set. You've already put it up on stands and that'll prevent any flat spots or whatever you call 'em on the tires.
Awesome thanks! Glad it's just the condensation.

·
Registered
106 Posts
you know i get that too but i know for sure its coolant because mine is green. don't mean to thread jack but does having a few drops everytime i park my bike for the night supposed to be normal?

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
you know i get that too but i know for sure its coolant because mine is green. don't mean to thread jack but does having a few drops everytime i park my bike for the night supposed to be normal?
NO

If the reservoir was overfilled, maybe.. But it's probably coming from the water pump cover on the right side of the bike. Get a light out and search for it.

I've seen a few 3rd gens on here with that problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts