Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some feed back on a possible new look for my baby. I can get this in any of these colors, I think the black looks the best personally. I've got a few that have flames but I'm not sure if I want to go that route.

Attachments

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you have in mind? I'm working with limited funds here and I get bored with stuff very easy and feel the need to change things at random.

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any of these turn your head?

Attachments

·
Registered
341 Posts
yeah i feel you,those are just ebay plastics though,youd really actually be down grading.have you looked at having someone paint them?

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I know they are ebay plastics, the plastic on my bike is in decent shape so I could probably just get them painted. Hell I could paint them myself if I wanted to take the time and do it right, I don't have the skill to do any crazy flames or designs though. I know just to get my tank painted around here was gonna cost me $250 and up, that's why I did it myself.

Concerning these ebay plastics, I actually read a little article in motorcyclist magazine about this guy and his plastics. They ordered all new plastic for an early 90's Ducati. A few holes needed to be redrilled so they would line up better but other then that the fit and finish was pretty damn good for the price.

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Flaming Checker turns my head. Thats tight!:toocool:
Yeah that's pretty hot but so is the price compared to the other ones. It's almost a little to much for my taste, don't get me wrong, if anyone here wants to buy them for me I won't turn them down.

·
Speedy Claxton
1,767 Posts
if you're wanting a new look, check out auctmarts perfect fit series plastics on ebay (theres also an auctmarts vendor on here). should be able to get them to your door for under 550 IIRC. they have some pretty nice schemes and the PF series fit quite nice. DTCrew4 did a nice write up on them on here, but I'll let you find that.

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if you're wanting a new look, check out auctmarts perfect fit series plastics on ebay (theres also an auctmarts vendor on here). should be able to get them to your door for under 550 IIRC. they have some pretty nice schemes and the PF series fit quite nice. DTCrew4 did a nice write up on them on here, but I'll let you find that.
Thanks, I'll check that out.

·
IN YO FACE SUCKA
9 Posts
If thats your bike in the avatar I say keep it white and save your $500+ and come up with your own ideas to get airbrushed or painted on the bike.

·
zomething different
8,430 Posts
i like the red/white fiat and the black fiat. not a fan of the flames.

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
out of all the ones posted, I like the black/FIAT replica set the most, kinda unique imo, just make sure they fit right.
:werd

1 - 20 of 39 Posts