Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm new to the forum and possibly gonna be a new owner of an R6. I currently have an 05 Hyosung Comet GT250 Naked that I've had since 06. I finally decided that I think I'm ready for another bike, this one with more power and something I can take to the track. The Comet is my daily commuter and has been an awesome canyon carver and will probably still see some of that canyon time.

I have a few questions for the knowledgeable R6 people out there. I have an offer on an 06 R6 with 0 miles that is Blue. But I'm not a big fan of Blue, but if the price is right then I may get it. There are also a few dealers with the 07's and I'm really diggin the Metallic Red! The 07 will cost around 12,500 OTD... Do you think that is to much, because it sure seems like to much to me! I could be wrong though. The other thing is the 08's have been tweaked a bit from the 06-07's do you think it would be very noticeable? Color isn't truly and objects with the 08's though. So what ever you guys think I'm just looking for some opinions. Thanks.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Are you in Canada? If your in the U.S they are raping you on the price. 08's are the way to go if it's within your budget, because of all the revisions. Have you thought about the R6S if your in the states?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm also in the market to get an R6...and from what I've read in forums and in mags about pricing, $12,500 for a 07 is wayyyyy too much. Thats more than 08's from the sticker price after tax, tag, and dealer fees. I'm in Tampa, FL, and there is a dealer in St. Pete where they have 08's in the Candium Yellow/Black marked down to $8,799 from $9,799 before all the fees (so not an OTD price). So ya, whatever dealer you're going to is trying to get you....and good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I thought they were charging WAY to much! The fees were way high. I was figuring 11K OTD for an 08. So I just have to either fight the dealer OR just find a new one LOL! Thanks for the info I'll keep my eye out. I'm in no hurry to buy one, though my friend wants me to get it before summer is gone. HAHA But I'll buy in winter too. Anyone think the deals are better in the off season?

The 06 I found is Blue with 0 miles and they are charging $8400 with no setup, just need to pay tax and license. So that sounds like it'll end up under $10!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.