Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to toggle R6 gauges from metric to imperial and back? Would be useful to help convert my speed (I think in mph but drive in km/h) or make trips down to US easier.

·
Registered
28 Posts
From what i understand the US bikes can go back and forth, but the european and canadian bike cannot.

Try and hold the Select and Reset buttons at the same time (for at least 2 seconds), on the US bikes this will swap between KPH and MPH

·
Registered
614 Posts
There is a post for this somewhere, but even with lots of advice, i still havn't been able to figure it out. Best of luck to you. If you do find out how, make sure you write it up with a good explanation.

·
Registered
28 Posts
04areSix said:
There is a post for this somewhere, but even with lots of advice, i still havn't been able to figure it out. Best of luck to you. If you do find out how, make sure you write it up with a good explanation.
Well I think this confims my first statement, the Us bikes do (i just tried it) but the Canadian bikes cannot

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Ronin for the advice. Just tried it on my buddy's US bike and it does work. Will try it on my Canadian bike later.

Steps to toggle Km/hr to Mph and back;

- turn on bike but do not start.
- Press select button until you see the Odometer reading (not clock)
- release all buttons
- simultaneously press Select and Reset buttons and hold.
- After about 2 seconds Gauges will toggle between MPH and KM/Hr

Someone try it on their Canadian / European bike and let me know if it works. Will have to try on my bike as soon as I can get to it.

:cheers

·
I used to have an R6...
63 Posts
mpk/kph

just hold down the select button for 3-5 sec. (01 r6 EURO specs.) I might have american guages (ebay bike) YEA!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Okay, i can see the mph faintly (when in kmh) but i can't get it to switch. There must be a way, i've tried many ways but still nothing. Just thought i'd let everyone know that. (canadian bike)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts