Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
if they want to do something worthwhile in updating the R1, give it enough power to match the other bikes. Even the Honda has more power now...sheesh, we cant have that.

My buddy was telling me he saw this thing where Rossi was riding the R1 at some press event and was straight up clutching it midcorner to get more power out of it...but then, as we saw at MotoGP, Rossi is no mere mortal. Either way, the R1 needs a little help.

·
Registered
52,007 Posts
It's all speculation at this point... one thing did leak out though... Mamola let it slip that the new R1 will be the size of the R6... :nocontrol

·
Registered
932 Posts
It's all speculation at this point... one thing did leak out though... Mamola let it slip that the new R1 will be the size of the R6... :nocontrol
thats pimp if it true, I wonder how the weight distribution will be.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
The looks of the R1 is not the problems, though it is getting a little long in the tooth....

·
T-1 is my Hero
0 Posts
I sure hope so, The new CBR1000RR weighs less than a Gsxr 600.
If the pic that AirForce.R6 put is is even close to the production model than Yamaha is heading in the right direction. Less fairing coverage is what Honda did to shed some weight. I cant wait for more information to come out about it

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
hopefully it wont follow honda's lead in being uglier than fricken sin. The Honda may be bad ass, but sheesh...I would gnaw my arm of if I woke up next to it....

·
Yamaha Man
178 Posts
The first pic is a photochop MCN did. There will be a new R1 in 09, but we won't know what it will look like until September....dems da breaks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts