Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Good luck keeping up.
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow morning im going to probally buy a 2003 R6 if its in the descriped condition--No cracks/rashes on the plastics, NEVER over or dropped, clean title, full micron exhaust, all the undertail & flushmount mods, HID's, white gauges, pair of gloves.....its the tannish silver color.

18,000 miles, $3500 He's even meeting me halfway. Ran a carfax on it and its clean.

It DOES need a new headlight and headlight shrowd/fairing thingy.....he smacked the nose of a deer @ 35mph and it cracked the headlight. He said it didnt damage the steering or anything, and he didnt drop the bike. About $300 of damage?

damage

So is there any problems/issues with the R6 I need to look out for? Im a noob to streetbikes--rode atvs/dirtbikes for a few years though.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yea that fairing and headlight are exspensive as hell!! But otherwise no its a good bike, its out dated by alot but for a beginner bike itll be perfect.

·
Not DoD Blocked
2,339 Posts
wow, great deal, and yes those headlights are pricey. welcome to the forum buddy. enjoy.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
hitting something head on might have messed up the front end. it should b looked at.

·
Good luck keeping up.
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wshekari06r6 said:
hitting something head on might have messed up the front end. it should b looked at.
I definitly will :eek5

hoping I can get the parts for around $300.

I will take the motorcycle safety course, buy insurance, pay tax, and a helmet and jacket. By then It will be around $5000 total :confused:

I got too many toys already. :rocket

·
I whore my R6
1,874 Posts
ask if hes had the coils replaced.....see my thread in this section

i dont think the bike is out dated, i love my 03, but its deffinitly a bike your gonna have to be careful on as a beginner, the r6 is very unforgiving

·
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK !!!
550 Posts
I don't think its a very good deal when you can get a new one for 9500 out the door depending where you live.

·
im michael jordan ballin
749 Posts
I never knew you could run a carfax on a bike, in fact im pretty sure you cant, atleast the last time i had a carfax account about 1 year ago.

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
03 is outdated looks and performance wise. i never liked the look of the R6 till 2006-and up

·
Good luck keeping up.
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I definitly cant afford paying on a loan, plus no one will cosign for me.

The 03 is better looking that the 02's. I cant afford a newer bike so its good enough for me.

Can anyone explain the sticker on the tail????? I dont want a raced bike.

·
Good luck keeping up.
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
roki530i said:
I never knew you could run a carfax on a bike, in fact im pretty sure you cant, atleast the last time i had a carfax account about 1 year ago.

Yup you can. Want me to run yours for ya? pm me your vin number.

You can even do atv's, atleast newer ones. All the carfax really tells ya is how many owners/if theres been any insurance claims.

About the sticker, just wondering if he was in a racing club or somthing. Im calling him right now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
A-Rab said:
03 is outdated looks and performance wise. i never liked the look of the R6 till 2006-and up
your kidding me right? what bikes did you like the look of prior to 06 if you didnt like the r6?

·
Good luck keeping up.
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Going to pick it up tomorrow morning, hope I remember to take some pics before I drop it off for storage. CANT WAIT!!

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
ravenus said:
your kidding me right? what bikes did you like the look of prior to 06 if you didnt like the r6?

i had a 04 R1 before i bought my 07 R6.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts