Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Madchild you need to get some chain wax or stop spraying lube on the outside of the chain. I would be afraid to lean the bike over with that lube everywhere. :cheers

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
z31maniac said:
Madchild you need to get some chain wax or stop spraying lube on the outside of the chain. I would be afraid to lean the bike over with that lube everywhere. :cheers
I have never use chain wax...whats the difference? I just use the spray because my friend had it so i just use his

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Chain wax won't fly off all over the place like regular lube will. Wash your bike, clean your chain take the bike for a 10-15 min ride to get the chain warm, spray the inside of the chain, let sit another 10-15 so it sets and bang, no more lube all over wheel, tire, rear fairing.

BTW some might say it doesn't protect as well thats B.S. My chain and sprockets have 4,000 miles and still look BRAND NEW.

·
Registered
182 Posts
That's crazy, I was just about to post a new thread of this a few days ago. Here are mine, today was the last day for her, putting her up for winter

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I love this trend...everyones right side is pretty good, and the left is pretty shitty. I guess most of us are right handed

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MadChild said:
I love this trend...everyones right side is pretty good, and the left is pretty shitty. I guess most of us are right handed
my right side sucks, my left side is better :hammer

my front tire had really rough patches on the left side. kinda weird.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
another things I found thats very interesting when Chicken strips comes up is that you automatcially think of your rear tire. Like I never consider the front tires when someone ask up my chicken strips, never thought of taking pics of it either. I'll get some pics posted after Thanksgiving

·
Registered
182 Posts
After riding Palomar Mountain.

Love these Diablos tire.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Don't have a digital camera but on the rear the strips are about as wide as my finger. And the front still a 60 series has been almost completely over on both sides, maybe a couple mm's short

·
Registered
281 Posts
mine were about a half inch wide for quite a while till i let my friend take it out while i was out of town some time ago. when i got back and looked at the tires they were shredded! all the way to the edge. well not to be out done on my own bike, i've since learned to push myself and my bike to where i am just about all the way over consistently.

good times, good times.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts