Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have their bikes lowered, can you post some pics. Lets see how they look, also mention how much it lowered. Thanks!

ps. I am a short guy so I am gonna consider doing it, please don't rag on me about it how its bad for your bike and so on...:nono

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ummm....5'3".....

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
5.5" extended...and lowered 2.25" in the front and back. Ride Safe!!:toocool:
wow, awesome looking bike man! :YEA

ChewiSi: dude you got like 6" on me! so it doesn't really help that your are fine on your bike, heh.

·
Sexy Time
763 Posts
I hate to say it but you may want to consider a cbr or gsxr. Not only is our bike the tallest 600 but it has the widest seat meaning you have to put your legs farther apart resulting in the height seem even worse.(an r1 is easier to touch for me then my r6) You could get a custom seat maybe take an ich off between height and width. rember though the more you lower it the more the characteristics of the bike will change and you will no longer have that exact same race bike that yamaha engineered for near perfect cornering.

·
pop wheelies
1,615 Posts
I'm 6'1" and don't have any problems :p On a serious note. Heres one I searched for and found, its lowered 3"

·
Sexy Time
763 Posts
Ok I dont claim to be a physicist but when you lower it you're messing with lines of rotational mass first off, second your rear sets will be further down so it will detract on how far you can lean. But now that I think about it if you are a new rider i suppose that wont be a big deal at first, lol. The engineers design your bike to the best of their abilities figuring out rake and trail along with other ergonomics for optimum performance. Like if you stretch your bike you are going to deff take away the nimbleness of it yet you will be a bit more stable. Each to their own I guess.

·
Sexy Time
763 Posts
You're prob not a new rider are you? I would think it would be rough at stops for someone just getting used to it.

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm 5' and ride mine at stock height with no major problems.
you are my hero!!! :YEA:YEA:YEA

I don't care what people say, I'm not gonna let the fact that I am short gonna stop me from riding the bike I want to ride. I dont want a gsxr, and dont want a cbr, I want a R6, period. If I have to I'll lower it, I'll lower it, and when I am comfortable enough maybe raise it back up to something close to stock height. :cool:

·
Registered
114 Posts

1.75" in the front and 2" rear, or so. I'm 6'2" though, but it looks so much better with the drop. and she still handles like a dream.

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
114 Posts

·
iCrash
1,912 Posts
it will negatively effect the handling of the bike, but it depends on how u ride, u wont see a lowered track bike.
i actually raised the rear of my track bike 5mm over stock height to increase traction and mid corner feel.

im 6'1" so i dont have issues w/ fitting on the bike tho.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts