Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
2008 R6
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as most of you know my Targa cowl snapped off while riding and it was smashed. The site I bought it from reached out to Targa and they said they would replace it. Well, I get an email today that says that they don't have it in black and don't know how soon they will have a new one.

However, the site will replace it with the Yamaha Factory one (for 2008).

I'm stuck because I really loved the slick look of the Targa, but I want to see more photos of bikes with the Yamaha Factory Cowl.

Can any of you with 2007 and up post your cowls so I can see. Preferably the Yamaha Factory Cowl's?

Thanks!!!

·
iLLWiL EX-MaSteR gRiLLaH
1,331 Posts
So as most of you know my Targa cowl snapped off while riding and it was smashed. The site I bought it from reached out to Targa and they said they would replace it. Well, I get an email today that says that they don't have it in black and don't know how soon they will have a new one.

However, the site will replace it with the Yamaha Factory one (for 2008).

I'm stuck because I really loved the slick look of the Targa, but I want to see more photos of bikes with the Yamaha Factory Cowl.

Can any of you with 2007 and up post your cowls so I can see. Preferably the Yamaha Factory Cowl's?

Thanks!!!
damn dats stinks! since i seen it up close, i say you wait it out! :secret

·
2008 R6
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn dats stinks! since i seen it up close, i say you wait it out! :secret
Yeah I know right.....damn.....tough call. I hate waiting for stuff. I'm waiting to find out how long it's gonna take. Not sure if I really feel the Yamaha version. Need to see some pics to verify.

·
Premium Member
20,431 Posts
Don't have a Yamaha seat cowl but have an 07 so figured I would at least get this thread going with a pic.

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
Dude, youre stoked youre getting a factory one...the fit and finish is much better than the targa...

And IMO the factory one (with the little pad) looks better...

·
2008 R6
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dude, youre stoked youre getting a factory one...the fit and finish is much better than the targa...

And IMO the factory one (with the little pad) looks better...
Yeah i was thinking the fit and color match would be perfect, obviously since it is factory. I have never seen this one in person though so i was worried about how huge that pad is and if it looks good.

I think i may just get it.....if i don't like it sell it and order a targa and have money left over because its about $50 more.

·
iLLWiL EX-MaSteR gRiLLaH
1,331 Posts
Yeah i was thinking the fit and color match would be perfect, obviously since it is factory. I have never seen this one in person though so i was worried about how huge that pad is and if it looks good.

I think i may just get it.....if i don't like it sell it and order a targa and have money left over because its about $50 more.
DON'T do it Walt!! Just be patient! Ok, if you must, get the one without the pad, just looks much more sleeker!

·
2008 R6
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DON'T do it Walt!! Just be patient! Ok, if you must, get the one without the pad, just looks much more sleeker!
Hahaha they were saying 3 weeks. F that man. I just got the factory one and honestly man....if it's wack I'll sell it and in 3 weeks when the targa is valuable I'll buy it then.

I can't rock this rear passenger seat man lol.

·
Read Only
1,581 Posts
I want a seat cowl for my 08, without the pad. I don't want a Targa one, because people have said they fit like shit.

Does Yamaha even make one without the pad for an 08?

·
2008 R6
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I want a seat cowl for my 08, without the pad. I don't want a Targa one, because people have said they fit like shit.

Does Yamaha even make one without the pad for an 08?
Yeah..mine fell off while riding. The one through Yamaha without the pad is 2007 down. So no luck!

·
Read Only
1,581 Posts
Yeah..mine fell off while riding. The one through Yamaha without the pad is 2007 down. So no luck!
Yeah, I found it. SH!T!!!!! That sucks so bad. I've got peg plugs on hold right now and my integrated tail and fen. elim. on the way. I just need a GOOD cowl to clean everything up...

·
2008 R6
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, I found it. SH!T!!!!! That sucks so bad. I've got peg plugs on hold right now and my integrated tail and fen. elim. on the way. I just need a GOOD cowl to clean everything up...
What kind of plugs did you get and for how much? I've been thinking about taking off the pegs, but I almost want them there in case I do have to throw the rear seat on and take someone. So I may get them powder coated black.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts