Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First question is can you take the radiator tube off to be powder coated without draining the coolant? I saw somewhere on here that you can but as I was taking it out it started to drop a little so I quickly put it back on. (Not sure which one it was that messed up the fairings/plastics coolant or brake fluid but didn't want to take my chances).

Second Question is how do you take off the shifter? That bolt is on there tight and I'm afraid of stripping it.

Third, how do you take off the rear axle blocks?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
1.) I dont think you need to drain the coolant tube

2.) Put some free-all or some sort on the bolt and let it sit before you go wrenchin on it, it will come out.

3.) I believe if you use the axle adjuster and turn the bolt all the way until the adjuster is off. So basically adjust it so the adjuster gets moved all the way back plus some

·
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
867 Posts
:werd and btw it is definitely brake fluid that eats paint and plastic, coolant isn't bad

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1.) I dont think you need to drain the coolant tube

2.) Put some free-all or some sort on the bolt and let it sit before you go wrenchin on it, it will come out.

3.) I believe if you use the axle adjuster and turn the bolt all the way until the adjuster is off. So basically adjust it so the adjuster gets moved all the way back plus some
Where does one get this "axle adjuster?" is it in the tool bag? Would I have to "readjust" it after?

·
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
867 Posts
The Axle adjusters are the 2 things on each side of your rear axle that can be adjusted with an open end wrench and an allen wrench. They are used to move your axle/rear wheel assembly forward and backwards to adjust chain tension

1 - 5 of 5 Posts