Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty broke right now can't afford to take my wheels to get powdercoated. I'm just sick of the dirty green wheels on my 08. Anybody ever just spray wheel paint over them I'm thinking of just doing it this weekend. Black would be my choice. Anybody have any opinions of I should do it or not?

·
08 Yamaha R6
3,057 Posts
I used some of the rim paint from autozone on my rims on my ninja, and it checked here and there from rocks, and I ended up replacing the rims with some aftermarket ones. The first time that you have to replace the tires the rims will get all ripped up. Just how things went with mine.

·
08 Yamaha R6
3,057 Posts
I actually bought a black set off ebay to replace the semi gold ones that came on my 08 Raven. I am going to get new tires this weekend, and then I will post up some pics of it.

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
I plan on painting mine when i get my new tires put on. im sick of black, i want copper!

·
08 in the crate
344 Posts
Painting them will not hold up. Each tire change the paint will get worn when the tire is being mounted and dismounted. Powder coat is the best route. It's not as expensive as you might think... T

·
Registered
96 Posts
Painting them will not hold up. Each tire change the paint will get worn when the tire is being mounted and dismounted. Powder coat is the best route. It's not as expensive as you might think... T
egh....it depends on who paints it. we painted the rims on our race bike white and have yet to have them chip or mar from changing tires. (put about 2-3 tire changes per race weekend)

·
08 in the crate
344 Posts
Sorry, painting them yourself without having them prepped correctly and using a quality paint you will not get the results you are wanting.

I don't think he has the tools to do this type of paint job on his rims himself.
Don't want him to get done with them and as soon as he puts his rim on the paint comes off... T

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sorry, painting them yourself without having them prepped correctly and using a quality paint you will not get the results you are wanting.

I don't think he has the tools to do this type of paint job on his rims himself.
Don't want him to get done with them and as soon as he puts his rim on the paint comes off... T

really?? im not telling him to paint them with duplicolor......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts