Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
I'm actually interested in this as well....

·
Registered
372 Posts
I had a shop quote me about a $100 a wheel but I have to break it all down.

·
08 in the crate
344 Posts
$400 for everything isn't that bad. $125 for the rims to get done. $25-$30 for the tires to be removed and mounted back on. Remove your rotors, reinstall the rotors. Tire put back on the bike and you come by and pick it up. How long will it take them to do it?
We charge $125 and up for the rims to get done. You pay shipping to and from. Just to give you an idea of pricing. That is about what we would charge if someone wanted us to do all the work. T

·
Registered
263 Posts
I had mine done a couple weeks back, I took in the 2 rims only with no tire,rotors,sprockets, or anything and had them done for $40/rim. He still did all the prep work to them, just didn't need to take anything off. they turned out really nice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just had mine done, I took them in wheel only. Cost me 80 dollars. maybee took me 2 hours to take everything apart mount and dismount the tires and reassemble everything.

·
Registered
263 Posts
i dont think i can take the tire of the wheel -but thats def a better route! you guys have any pix to post? i'm going with blue chrome on mine...
Mine are just the stock raven black, nothing special, i just had some scratches and marks on mine that were starting to bother me and my buddy was taking his sub-frame in to get coated so i just did my wheels at the same time.

·
Chi-Towns Finest
347 Posts
kinda stupid question, but how did you guys stand the bike up with no wheels?

i am interested in doing this for a winter project since i already am going to be putting pilot powers on anyways

·
Raven got its makeover
508 Posts
300 to a gloss finish did my rims, rear sets, kickstand, linkage, clutch lever, and rear pass pegs. all were taken off the bike and shipped 100 miles and back to me. that price included shipping.

i was in bowling green ohio and it was sent to alyria, oh....i think thats how you spell it. its up by cleveland. theres also a good place in ft. wayne, in that does it cheap as hell too.

·
My R6 is my best friend.
101 Posts
kinda stupid question, but how did you guys stand the bike up with no wheels?

i am interested in doing this for a winter project since i already am going to be putting pilot powers on anyways
i dont have a set and not totally sure on where the front grab but a set of front and rear stands would hold the bike while it was getting the work done. I work at a shop and had a guy use our engine hoist, he just rapped shammies around the straps and used it to hold the bike while he was gone...

But i cant see why no wheels would keep the fork stands from working...

Chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts