Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
fun and informative
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone powdercoated their front brake lever?
If so, how did you get around the plastic adjuster knob thing?:confused:

the guy who is powdercoating my stuff wont do it because he says it will melt off when they bake it.

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
he's right it will melt off if you don't take it off (i've never taken one off but i'm sure it can be done). i would fork out the extra dough and buy some pazzo's you will be much happier with them, they are awsome!!!! i have never herd of anyone powder coating there levers. if you want to get stock like cheap ones you can look on ebay and get your desired color. got to motomummy for the pazzo and you get free driven grips and free shipping. they also have the best price around.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Colored/anodized stock levers aren't the exspensive. I got mine in black for $15 on ebay. But if you still want to powdercoat them, the plastic adjuster pulls off...It's knurled underneath so I wouldn't twist it of just pull it evenly.

·
08 in the crate
344 Posts
No problems at all.

Best bet when looking for a powder coater is find one that deals with motorcycles. You might find a really good price to get it done but you will be doing the hard work. Removing bearings, disassembling etc. They want to get the part, clean it and spray, they don't want to have to think about how the part works and look for a way to make it work. T

·
fun and informative
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha thanks for all quick answers, i got my pass pegs, rearsets and levers all powdered coated for 35 bucks so ill just get them done. so all i have to do is pull it off evenly?

tripage, did you just cut yours and sand them first?

·
08 in the crate
344 Posts
Bent them out a little to keep a good grip on them, then cut them down to fit 2 fingers and DA sanded them. Great price on the powder coat, you won't find anyone that can beat that price....... T

·
fun and informative
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i was suprised aswell. 15 pieces for 35 bucks and its the only place around here:fact.
i'll post some pics when its back together for the long weekend tomorrow:nocontrol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts