Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my passengers pegs powdercoated for $60. not sure if thats steep or what? The guy does awesome work and I usually go to him for the few things I needed to be done. Im looking at getting my rearsets, heel guards, and clutch/brake pegs all powdercoated. I was quoted at $110 for those. Is that a good price or am I getting ripped off?:rolleyes:

·
Sexy Time
757 Posts
i think that sounds pricey

·
Deep Thinker
927 Posts
It's all about what you are willing to pay. That may sound pricey to some, but if I had someone close to where I live that I could have do it for that price, I'd be on it like a fat kid on a cupcake.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i just had my rearsets, and a friends rearsets(with all pegs, screws, shift/brake levers, and linkages) plus passenger pegs done for $125

·
Banned
2,722 Posts
I just had my passengers pegs powdercoated for $60. not sure if thats steep or what? The guy does awesome work and I usually go to him for the few things I needed to be done. Im looking at getting my rearsets, heel guards, and clutch/brake pegs all powdercoated. I was quoted at $110 for those. Is that a good price or am I getting ripped off?:rolleyes:
Hold off for a day or so..my neighbor bought all his own powdercoating stuff and did all mine for free---I'll ask him what he wants to do all your stuff..he's been doing powdercoating at his job for the last 4-5 years so he just decided to buy all his own commercial grade stuff. He does all the bead blasting to prep and all that..what color did you want? He did my heal guards/ rearsets in a shiny black (since that was the color he was shooting at the time) and it's nice...my heal guard on the right still gets scuffed, but I think that's normal.

T1

·
08 in the crate
344 Posts
$50 for your rearsets to get done. Includes return shipping in the U.S.
We are pretty good on pricing considering return shipping is included.
TripageLED.com

Rearsets and passenger pegs. Sorry, missed the passenger pegs.

·
08 in the crate
344 Posts
Compared to this and pretty much 80% of other companies that powder coat it's a bargain. Just offering suggestions to what original thread starter was asking. I think he is getting ripped off. We can powder coat his levers, rearsets, passenger pegs and gas cap for cheaper than he was quoted and our price includes return shipping. T

I just had my passengers pegs powdercoated for $60. not sure if thats steep or what? The guy does awesome work and I usually go to him for the few things I needed to be done. Im looking at getting my rearsets, heel guards, and clutch/brake pegs all powdercoated. I was quoted at $110 for those. Is that a good price or am I getting ripped off?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was taking the parts off and I stripped the last bolt... to remove the heel guard on the brake side. I dont know what to do now wtf!!

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts

·
08 in the crate
344 Posts
Not showing pricing for companies. If a company wants a large number of parts powder coated we can give them a deal as well. I would say you are getting a great deal if they are prepping the parts. I would guess you have the stands in raw metal and they probably just clean and shoot, no blasting etc.... We can't beat everyones prices. See what they will charge to do rearsets and not your price, someone off the street. One set not 30 at a time. T

1 - 15 of 15 Posts