Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just gave in some parts for powdercoating!

Levers, rearsets, and pegs (6 pieces total) for a mere $50....i dunno how much you guys paid for it, but it sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Any of you in socal want it done, the place is in South Gate next to Downey.

I'll post some pics when its all finished and put back on.

·
MY R1 IS A BEAST !!
85 Posts
you go with a local powdercoating company??

Danny

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yup...was about 15 mins away from where I'm at in downtown LA. I was so happy with the $50 deal...I called a buncha other places and got quoted for around $150 or so

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
So did you bring the rearsets to them in peice? What are you going to do about the rubber on the shifter lever? I was thinking of PC'n mine, but not to sure about it.

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
Did both bikes-Rr sets & Rr pegs & brackets, Shifter/brk/clutch levers, Gas caps, Clutch adj wheels,Triple Tree nuts, Tank bracket, Shifter linkage.

Lotta parts, about 50.

Total cost= 2 cases of monster drinks(or about $55).

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah i gave rearsets one piece, the guy said it would be fine, just had to take off that little spring. What rubber are you talking about? There wasn't any on the shift lever, but I took the one off the brake lever...doesnt take much effort to pull off. From what I've read, it should go back on no problem.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did both bikes-Rr sets & Rr pegs & brackets, Shifter/brk/clutch levers, Gas caps, Clutch adj wheels,Triple Tree nuts, Tank bracket, Shifter linkage.

Lotta parts, about 50.

Total cost= 2 cases of monster drinks(or about $55).
DAMN! even better deal lol.

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
Hell yes! Got it done at work, but the dude that used to PC them for me quit:(.

·
i love riding vicky!
31 Posts
i just got my rearsets, passenger pegs, and levers done today. the guy does it from his garage. he asked 35 for it and i gave him 40 cause the levers werent in the original quote.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts