Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the dynojet ignition module will work with the power commander #430-411 ?

I know it says it is designed to work with the 418-411.

I have the newer one for the 2008 (430-411) and it works fine on my 2006 R6.
I want to add a quickshifter. But need the ign mod installed.

Anybody know? :toocool:

Thanks!

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
read the bottom of the black box on the pc3. It will list every part number you can convert that unit to with merely changing the map. If both of those part numbers are on the bottom of the black box then you can turn that pc3 into either part number depending on what map is in the pc3. if that ignition module works on one of the numbers on that black box (at the bottom) then it will work on all of those numbers as it's the same physical unit for all of those part numbers. What distinguishes it is the map inside it ONLY.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn bro. I know i am half retarded but that was hard to follow.

Can you give me an example of what you are talking about?

The bottom of my pc3 has a sn and pn. The pn is 430-411

I didn't notice any numbers on the ignition mod.

But what you are saying is it all depends on the map in the pc3?

All I have done so far is cut off the cat and attached the ttuners.com y-pipe. It ran like crap so I pulled the o2 sensor and installed a pc3 (I got from a buddy off his 08 R6).

Then I got this ign mod for super cheap and wanna install it with the quickshift sensor I got.

I hooked everything up and tried to start the bike. Ran like crap. Disconnected the ign mod and it ran fine again.

Could it be the map in the ign mod?

Sorry, first time with this stuff, lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so I realized the problem was I needed to install the same firmware rev in each device.

So my next question is what map should be installed in the ignition module? A zero or stock map would be fine, I just don't know where to get one or how to upload it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts