Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read an interesting article in a magazine regarding power commanders.
The article featured a 06 R6. Now it was not about max power output but rather a half throttle and low and midrange power.

I stated that fitting a power commander on a standard 06/07 R6 you can filter out the problem relating the lack of low speed and midrange power by 8hp
This meaning on the rev range between 5000 and 9000 rpm! Now my interest to this was the claims of the new 08 R6 with its fancy throttle bodies that gives more power in the low and midrange area.

I would like to know if any of you guys, have fitted a power commander on a standard 06/07 R6 with a custom map and if this made any difference

·
Registered
560 Posts
if i remember right i think i read that article. they dynoed it tons of times to get that power just right. it would cost a fortune at most dynos to run on that many times. 8hp is possible but not likley

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So my curiosity could not withhold me from testing a power commander on my bike

I just received my bike this morning with my new power commander installed and custom map
And I must say it did indeed make a difference, on the Dyno map, torque increase was about 5 and I gained about 8hp!!

Riding the bike I can feel that the throttle is much smoother and it now pulls a lot smoother in the lower to mid rev range.

I still have the standard exhaust and am planning to leave it standard.
I would definitely recommend a power commander, it makes riding the bike in traffic a lot smoother. You don’t need drag the clutch when pulling away from a robot

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey,

It's cool to hear that the pc makes that big of a difference.

if you like speed or want to track your bike, a full system will make a lot of difference.

if you don't mind me asking, how much did the dyno tuning cost?

i have an 07 r6 with full akraprovic & pc & would love to get it dyno tuned.

·
Shred til your Dead
476 Posts
Powercomander pc3 is good enough for most , but if you are looking to have a fine tuned setup the pc3 is obsolete. Bazzaz is the only way to go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts