Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I went ahead and installed my PC and the install directions were great, but i Ran into a few problems that maybe some of you guys had.

1. when zeroing out the commander after pressing the 3 buttons simtamously I cant get it to richen up as its leaned out all the way at the bottom.

2. the PCIII program wont show that its connected after hooking up to both the computer and the Commader.

I believe i got it to take the micron map, as it doesnt backfire or pop anymore.

so if any of you guys have ran into these problems and figured out how to correct them please give me a hint

·
Registered
409 Posts
you have to have the bike running or the nine volt adapter to load a map try that and see if it helps if not pm me and well see what we can do

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe it says " ON BIKES WHERE THE ENGINE NEEDS TO BE RUNNING IN ORDER TO SUPPLY POWER TO THE POWER COMMANDER AND YOU DONT HAVE THE POWER ADAPTAR:"

it syas that on the instructions

·
Registered
409 Posts
on the R6 the bike needs to be running to load a map the program will tell if the map was sent succesfully and for your first question hold the three buttons and start the bike then you can lean or richen it out second question the bikev has to be running for the programm to communicate with the powercommander

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
what they said :mrgreen: im going to put mine in tomorow, just hope the yoshi map they put in works good with my blue flame though

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bike was running, it seemed as if there was a gliche in the program as the RPM side of where it says its communicating was not even there.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Do you need the adapter to program a map into the unit ? Or can you connect the Power Commander directly into a lap top/pc ?

Thanks !!

:cheers
AL

·
Registered
409 Posts
you have to have the usb cable supplied with the powercommander it just connects to usb port in your computer if its all conected properly the program will have a message on the right side of the window telling you its communcating with the powercommander the tutorials supplied with the program are pretty helpful

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
where can i get like a daytona map from for the R6

this is just gunna take alot of dickin with to figure out,
maybe a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well I have the power commander working in full. im running right now the micron slip on with stock or aftermarket air filter Map.

so far in my best opinion wasnt worth the 300 bucks I paid for it. but will try my best next week to have the bike dyno tuned and with a custom map, to see if it makes any more of a difference

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
btw How much does it cost for a dyno tune, and a custom map, and a few pulls on a dyno.

if the wind dies down any i might hook my Bf's Gtech to see what this thing is running in the quarter, and what is says for the HP rating

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
as far as price goes for dyno tuning, couldnt tell ya, im sure every place is different on their pricing. im hoping to get it done to my bike this winter

1 - 13 of 13 Posts