Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2006 R6S that was used. It came with a two bro's slip on K&N air filter power commander usbIII 520 rear sprocket. Custom paint fender eliminator and flush mount directionals. I hear a lot of popping when I am decelerating and some fuel smell. I usually run the bike in the 7-8k rpm range. I am getting about 130 miles to a tank of gas Is it possible that the bike is not mapped correctly through the power commander?? or is this the milage that I should be getting?? Does the bike run more efficently at higher rpm's?? If the bike is not mapped correctly does any one have the correct map?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just bought a 2006 R6S that was used. It came with a two bro's slip on K&N air filter power commander usbIII 520 rear sprocket. Custom paint fender eliminator and flush mount directionals. I hear a lot of popping when I am decelerating and some fuel smell. I usually run the bike in the 7-8k rpm range. I am getting about 130 miles to a tank of gas Is it possible that the bike is not mapped correctly through the power commander?? or is this the milage that I should be getting?? Does the bike run more efficently at higher rpm's?? If the bike is not mapped correctly does any one have the correct map?
Milage sounds about right, and smog block off plates should help get rid of most of the decel popping! Def should get it remapped though, just to know for yourself!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
finally heard from power commander, they tell me that the graves exhaust with factory air or aftermarkt air filter is the closest map. Does anyone know how close the map is going to be?? and will it improve my decel popping concern

1 - 4 of 4 Posts