Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, UPS finally came thru, this Pc3 is awesome. Just got back from a test ride, I didn't want to stop riding. Throttle response is very smooth, and quick. Man, and I thought the bike ran great before.

I had some minor problems getting my pc to pic up the power commander, but once it did it was easy. the actual install was pretty easy too.

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
Glad it worked out for you, what set up are you running (exhaust, filters, etc.)

I installed my PCIII about 2 weeks as well and damn, it made alot of difference. I only have the Blue Flame slip-on and loaded up the map that Hammy posted on a site previously. And it seems it is a a set up for a Micron but modified a the Blue Flame? Not sure on this. But yeah, the throttle response is quicker, and the bike does pulls harder all around the rpm band.
And it also sounds alot better, cleaning up the minor putters. :cheers

·
Registered
270 Posts
KUDOS to both of ya!! I've had my PC3 for about 2-3 months, and man does it work wonders. Aside from the smoother band, It throttle response is more crisp and quick. It's a great thing!! :hammer

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
It is a very highly recommended performance mod for any bike!
But only after you have gotten used to / got to know your new bike's personality before you add any more power to it. I had to kinda get used to the cripier throttle response for a few minutes since taking the curves, I had to be more careful on the throttle.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mikeeh, all I have is akra slip on. I will probably be getting a k&n air filter, and velocity stacks soon.

Also, I really noticed a big difference in the lower rpm range. Pulls hard, and crisp, but it's not jerky..

·
Registered
527 Posts
I agree. Just pulling on it after the install and trying to bring it down makes you think why Yamaha doesn't get it right the first time. Its two different bikes all together.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
fireblade31003 said:
I agree. Just pulling on it after the install and trying to bring it down makes you think why Yamaha doesn't get it right the first time. Its two different bikes all together.
Didya get one on the lovely fiance's bike? You still riding that thing more than the blade huh! Shoulda just bought the 6 instead! :hehe

·
Registered
527 Posts
Yes she had one installed before she even learned how to ride it. Once you go big you never go down in size. The 6 is fun to ride but nothing like the Honda. Two different monsters. I'm retired from riding till May 23 when I go vacation. I had a wreck two years ago about this time so thats the reason. I did install the Hindle map when I did the High Mount and yes its great to have the PCIII. Wish all of them came with a USB.

The Blade is still faster!!!!! :poke

·
Registered
953 Posts
Dvs1 said:
Mikeeh, all I have is akra slip on. I will probably be getting a k&n air filter, and velocity stacks soon.

Also, I really noticed a big difference in the lower rpm range. Pulls hard, and crisp, but it's not jerky..
worth the $1,000,000,000,000,000.99 you paid for it?

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
cdemon said:
Dvs1 said:

man hammy has it for way cheaper then that :mrgreen:

·
Registered
105 Posts
I installed my Yoshimura TRS Ti last week, and installed the PCIIIusb today. Took about 12min, easy setup. Uploaded a map to it and went for a ride. It's nice to lean it up a bit, runs a lot smoother and cleaner. It will be nice to have it run a bit cooler too if any. I'm really happy with this setup. Great sound!! Just what I was looking for, not quiet but not too loud.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cdemon said:
Dvs1 said:

To my door it was slightly less than that. And Yes, Worth every damn penny. :moon :mrgreen:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts