Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
well i just turned 18 and class schedules soon :] so i will be riding soon

wel i am completely new to these stuff and i heard soemthing about power commanders

what do they do?

and also why do people need speedohealers
doesn't bike comeout w/ accurate speedometers?

·
IQ = Post Count
1,734 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sry for such a noob questions but why/when people regear their bikes?

and installing power commander doesnt' mean have to get speedohealer right?

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
people regear their bikes for more acceleration or for the stuntas out there to help them wheelie easier. you dont have to use the speedohealer with the commander. the commander only works with the 03-05 R6s, if you have 99-02 then you have to do jetting. but if you dont have any mods to your bike then i wouldnt suggest a commander, its really only worth the money you pay if you have other mods, ie exhaust, filter, slide stops, v stacks and the such. hope that helps :cheers

·
Yamaland
2,309 Posts
I just bought a devil sb2 high mount slip on for my 05 R6. Do I need a power commander? And is this gonna throw my speedo off?

·
IQ = Post Count
1,734 Posts
danrivito said:
I just bought a devil sb2 high mount slip on for my 05 R6. Do I need a power commander? And is this gonna throw my speedo off?
Your speedometer is dependant on your gear ratio, not the horsepower of your bike, so...if you change the front sprocket and/or rear sprocket and/or overall tire height (in the back), you'll need to recal your speedo for gear ratio changes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts