Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ready for spring
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey my bike has a slight problem. some days she will run and other days when i come to a stop she will just cut off and die. i watched it warm up a few times and you can hear it cut back on fuel or atleast hear the power cut down in the revolutions. once it hit about 135 or 145 it died as if someone hit the kill switch.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
hey my bike has a slight problem. some days she will run and other days when i come to a stop she will just cut off and die. i watched it warm up a few times and you can hear it cut back on fuel or atleast hear the power cut down in the revolutions. once it hit about 135 or 145 it died as if someone hit the kill switch.
this is what my 03 began doing when a ignition coil went bad.
does it sputter and bog, or just shut off, and does it do it right when you disengage the clutch?

·
ready for spring
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah mines and 05. sputter and bog and right when i engage the clutch. if i keep a little gas it'll stay running.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
yeah mines and 05. sputter and bog and right when i engage the clutch. if i keep a little gas it'll stay running.
sounds like you need a new set of coils,

i believe the 05 is just like the 03 model, so your best bet would be to get a used set from a freshly wrecked bike, and our coils are the same as the newer r6s's,

sooooo
do what i did, go online and find a set from a wrecked 2009 r6s, and youl will have basically a brand spankin new set for 30% dealer cost.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
no problem

and by the way, you meant DISENGAGE the clutch.
when its engaged (you are not pressing on the lever) thats when the clutch is pressed down and your engine spins the chain
when its disengaged (you press the lever) thats when the bike is dieing right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts