Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buddy has a ninga 636, it pulls a wheelie around 10 grand in first and second gear. im a little jealous how can i get my 07 R6 to do this? all i have is a yosh slip on right now. thanks in advance

Zach

·
Registered
603 Posts
Rev it up! DUh! LOL..if your new to riding just be mellow and it all come in time ''DON'T RIDE ABOVE YOUR LIMITS''.

·
Slammed and Stretched!!!
772 Posts
520 Conversion -1/+2 will definately make this happen.

·
Registered
31 Posts
bounce up off the front forks..cruise along in first at about 8-10krpm then back off throttle n push down on front forks n then as its coming up giv it some gas...dont go too hard too early, get use to having the wheel in the air...thats the best way i found without having the 520 conversion

·
Registered
482 Posts
520 is the pitch of the sprockets, i believe stock is 525 or 530, the higher the number the heavier, however the real benefit is the -1 +2

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
bikes come with 525 chain. 520 chain is lighter i believe. -1/+2 means minus 1 tooth on the front sprocket and plus 2 teeth on the rear (from stock). I haven't done this yet, but i hear good things about it. Dont know how much it'll throw off your speedo though

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
Like everyone said, make sure your comfortable on your bike before you start stunting. Also when i began, i did power wheelies to begin with. As i got a little better, i started to clutch em up. Once you start clutching, theres no looking back. Its so much more controlled, and i think alot easier once you get the hang of it.

·
Slammed and Stretched!!!
772 Posts
520 Conversion will change the weight and pitch of your chain and sprockets. If you reduce the front sprocket size by one and increase the rear sprocket size by two, you will be altering the gearing and in turn get much more low end "punch". This will make it easier to get the front end off of the ground and also give you a much better throttle response.

·
This is not my ass
1,355 Posts
Do a search on the 520 conversion, it's a no brainier for the new R6's, the lower RPMs suck, I put the conversion on recently and I love it, a speedohealer is needed for sure, my speedo was off 17%

·
Registered
119 Posts
Bikes arent designed to be ridden with one wheel in the air, so dont feel dissappointed that you cant get it up. It sure is fun though :p

Be careful when you start out cause you will more than likely just smash the front end back down when you get worried you'll flip. Its hell bad for the forks, in no time you'll have them busted. So be gentle, try on a slight incline as it will make it happen easier.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just strated to get mine to come up, 11000rpm off the gas and back on it hard and she pops right up, it still scares me though so i let it back down rather quickly

·
Registered
114 Posts
this pretty much only works in 2nd though, whats the trick for 3rd/4th?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Stand up mono's are the trick. Get it to about 9-10k, as you go to stand up compress fronts and stand up pulling up, makes looking down the road alot easier too.

I dont like stand ups though, prefer the easy option of sit downs..

What exhaust have you got on your R6, looks sweet on the 2nd gen R6's.

·
Registered
81 Posts
serious, just pop the clutch at 3k rpm in 2nd gear while gasing, that should do the work.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Stand up mono's are the trick. Get it to about 9-10k, as you go to stand up compress fronts and stand up pulling up, makes looking down the road alot easier too.

I dont like stand ups though, prefer the easy option of sit downs..

What exhaust have you got on your R6, looks sweet on the 2nd gen R6's.
its an 06 gytr gp pipe, but custom fit onto my 03. if you like it, please take a couple sec to vote for me at ride of the month, its a very close poll

http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63661

1 - 17 of 17 Posts