Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 03 r6..The bike runs great and all, its just when im driving it and i just suddenly get on it..everything goes great up until like 8.1-8.3k which is when powerband is supposed to kick in if im not mistaking..well..when it does..it like kicks in then off then on then off its weird..for it to fully function i have to let go of the gas back to like 8k rpms and slowly give it gas..wtf is this

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,813 Posts

·
She wants me to twist it!
882 Posts
Anyone think the throttle bodies could need to be synchronized? Thats what my 02 did before i synched it.

·
Jesus Reigns
4,391 Posts
TPS. Clean it. This usually solves the issue with 03's

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
i did clean it
Cleaning did not work for me, my 03 was very sluggish at first like what you are describing, the problem got worse and worse after cleaning the tps till the bike began stalling out all the time. To fix it i had to replace the TPS and my ignition coils. Bike feels completely different after the replacement.
If you have a pc3 handy, thats probably the best way to check your tps, get your bike hot, the hook it up to your computer and look at the % throttle the pc picks up, if it skips at all or is not completely smooth as you open the throttle then you need to replace it.
The other way would be to use a multimeter per the service manual and check TPS voltages, also for smoothness as you open and close throttle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.