Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
i'd say thats way off, much higher past 10 and your gonna start going on the downhill half...starts somehwere around 6 i dont know where the actual peak is at.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Can someone help me out and tell me what RPM range is the powerband. I have a 2007 R6. Thanks.
I can tell you right now, I have the same bike. Its between 10-14k, it gets pretty nasty in the lower gears, your front end will come up in 1st and 2nd.

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
i would say about 9k and up. it doesnt make peak power until 14.5k.

·
My R6 eats Chuck Norris
2,406 Posts
My Dyno run on my 02 shows it hits the -3db point at 7800 RPM, Peak at 14.7 and -3db at rev limit.

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,468 Posts
Richy,

When your absolutely sure the pistons are going to leap out of the engine, wait a little longer before you shift. If the tach drops below 8000, get off and push!! ;}

8 Ball

·
Super Moderator
3,115 Posts
I'd say around 12K on my '06 with a full Akra Evo and custom mapping. At this point my bike really starts to come alive. My shifting point is around 14.5K on the track. At this point I'm at peak power.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.