Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
m3lover2
10,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went for a ride last night. Approximately 50 deg F outside. I have about 1,350 miles on the clock. My bike has never brought up the front end when accelerating in first.. partly because I am 225lbs..

Last night I was on deserted roads outside of town.. If anyone knows the area, its baseline/watt area. Pretty much accelerating from a stop front end came up at around 10k.. = me :eek5 I was a little shocked because I guess the bike wasnt broken in all the way or something because it didnt to that before.. and didnt think a 600 would bring me up like that. I tried it again on the way home this time ready for it.. and it powered up again.

Just though I would share since I dont ride too much and tend to keep it on 2 wheels..

·
They call me... Zebra!
3,466 Posts
I actually rolled a wheelie which was fricken awesome because I can do clutch ups but I didn't think my 6 had enough to crank up the front end. First gear brought her up all the way and ride for prolly 6 secs then put her back down. and I honestly wasn't even trying to do wheelies, I was running some back roads.

·
Sex and Bikes Go Together
1,222 Posts
lol it'll do that....I had my first experience just like that lol it was fun and scary as shit haha

·
Hola Amigos!
1,955 Posts

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
wheelies are fun...lol

·
Gotta get up to get down.
1,117 Posts

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
scary ish right there. i haven't fully thorttled in first gear yet. but i'm not even close to 225, and i'm pretty sure my front will come up.
you friggin puss:laugh crank that bish up man.

the first few times I did it to mine when I got it I actually got light headed. like i was going to pass out. lol

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
Yeah, it definitely gets your heart going huh...

Now, just imagine being 140lbs (me) with a ported and cammed head and stock gearing...front end wants to lift in 3rd gear at 14k...2nd gear I have to regulate not to get it to come all the way up...

·
Premium Member
12,093 Posts
Yeah, it definitely gets your heart going huh...

Now, just imagine being 140lbs (me) with a ported and cammed head and stock gearing...front end wants to lift in 3rd gear at 14k...2nd gear I have to regulate not to get it to come all the way up...
What does something like this cost? And what was the gain?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts