Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
SiCkAsS R6
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does every do to there bikes to prep em for winter or long periods of no riding.

·
Habitual Linestepper
984 Posts
i ride south for the winter

·
SiCkAsS R6
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Must be nice to ride year round

·
Habitual Linestepper
984 Posts
j/k dude..theres a few posts on here on storage for the winter.

but overall, get it up on the stands, some stabil in a full tank, battery on trickle charge.

those are the main things i believe

·
Because I Can
2,325 Posts
but overall, get it up on the stands, some stabil in a full tank, battery on trickle charge.
x2. I just put it on stands, fill the gas tank up with fuel, I don't bother with stabil, and just remove my battery and store it inside.

·
SiCkAsS R6
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll put her up on stands,unhook battery n put it in the house, but would 6 to 7 months be a good idea to keep a full tank in it. How about draining all gas out?

·
Because I Can
2,325 Posts
I'll put her up on stands,unhook battery n put it in the house, but would 6 to 7 months be a good idea to keep a full tank in it. How about draining all gas out?
I've heard that's bad because the inside of your tank could rust. I don't know if that's actually true or not so until I find out I just top it off so it can't have the potential to rust.

·
I intend to live forever.
302 Posts
You should indeed top the tank off with gas... If you drain it, it can form condensation and cause rust. Filling it up gets most of the air out and helps solve that little issue :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts