1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
thats more than i paid for mine. if your willing to spend that much i'd say just get some from lite eyes. i got some 80$ xentec's off ebay and they have worked perfect for 2000 miles or so now.

no.

the number is the temperature it burns, which indicates what color it is. either 4.5k or 5k i believe is optimum visible light output. anything above or below that number means you lose a slight percentage of visibility because of the color...its not much though. i got 8k's and they are blinding and look sexy.

3.5k is yellow
5k is oem
6k diamond white (pure white)
8k iceberg blue (white with a blueish hint)
12k is strait blue
16k is i think purple/violet
30k is pinkish purple

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats more than i paid for mine. if your willing to spend that much i'd say just get some from lite eyes. i got some 80$ xentec's off ebay and they have worked perfect for 2000 miles or so now.

no.

the number is the temperature it burns, which indicates what color it is. either 4.5k or 5k i believe is optimum visible light output. anything above or below that number means you lose a slight percentage of visibility because of the color...its not much though. i got 8k's and they are blinding and look sexy.

3.5k is yellow
5k is oem
6k diamond white (pure white)
8k iceberg blue (white with a blueish hint)
12k is strait blue
16k is i think purple/violet
30k is pinkish purple
Yah.. I didn't know what price HIDs go for.. I want some nice bright piercing a$$ HIDs.. So 8k.. does that mean your HID color burn iceberg blue (white with a blueish hint)?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts