Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking around in many of the local dealerships here in Minnesota. The prices I founded were around 7,100 to 7,999. I was just wondering how are the prices are around other area, because I think I'm going to lay money down on one pretty soon.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Man, I live in San Antonio. The MSRP on the 04 is $8,099. The R6 is in hot demand down here though so local dealorships are selling them for up to $8,499. So if you can get one between $7,100-$7,999 that would be a hell of a deal considering that the dealership paid maybe $6,700-800 for it.

From San Antonio,

Pooty

·
Ride or Die
174 Posts
Personally I don't beleive the 7100 price, theres one dealer ship in the country that sells them that cheap and its in south carolina, the place sells all bikes for dealer cost, I'll gety the name from my bro and post it . Every where in the us is selling the 2004 for at least 7999 the 2003 are going for 7300 just about everywhere, and I think the dealers pay around 7200 for them, at least thats what my buddy that owns a yama suzuki dealership says. I'm no expert but like they said if you saw it for 7100 youd better buy it, hell buy a few and sell them. You wouldn't have a prob gettin rid of em at all.

:cheers

·
Registered
786 Posts
Skolar said:
I'm no expert but like they said if you saw it for 7100 youd better buy it, hell buy a few and sell them. You wouldn't have a prob gettin rid of em at all.

:cheers
Hahah, then when you go to insure them all, the broker/agent has a heart attack and thinks you're buying "deathwishes" etc etc
:hammer

Bonus to it would prolly be multi-vehicle discounts! Plus, you'd prolly have every color bike and then some to make mad photos with in yer garage

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The one i found for 7195 was in hick town minnesota (St. Boniflica...something like that). About an hour away from the twin cities. Thats how much they were asking for. But I got another Big time dealership around the Twin Cities to match their price. Im going in monday to pick one up.

·
Registered
83 Posts
damm I did a conversion on that price of $8,000US and it comes to $11,444.91 Australia dollars......that's hella cheap!!!

I paid $15,600AU ($10,904.41US) :roll: ..........but I guess there are alot of factors involved in shipping them to aussie land and all the conversion/tax/living expense's etc etc.......just still blows me away the price gap

l2oo_lvlan

·
Registered
183 Posts
tigerstyle102 said:
Anybody in socal here? How much are you paying for new 04 R6? I haven't got any quotes yet, but just wondering what to expect.
I was quoted 8300 otd. Just waiting for my insurance check to come in so I can pay the down payment.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey the yamaha dealer in Olive Branch, MS has the best deal that I have found on a new one. The price advertised is like $7,099. They advertise on cycletrader.com, with that price. I have been to there business so it is a real place. I live in Midland, Tx and the dealers here want MSRP + all the prep fees, etc. So I started looking around and found them. My girlfriend lives there is why I even found it. Olive Branch is a suburb of Memphis, TN. They where really nice too me when I went there, so if I buy a new one that is where i am going. If any one knows of anyplace cheaper please let me know.

·
Registered
24 Posts
DesertSilverRSx said:
tigerstyle102 said:
Anybody in socal here? How much are you paying for new 04 R6? I haven't got any quotes yet, but just wondering what to expect.
I was quoted 8300 otd. Just waiting for my insurance check to come in so I can pay the down payment.
Where was this quote from? I got a quote for $9100 otd from LA Yamaha, which is the same as LA Cycle Sports.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm feeling like a got a little ripped off, but I paid 7600+ttl. Damn 7299, shit, crap @#(()%. Ok ill stop my bitching. Oh I'm from houston, tx.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts