Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am very interested in riding and yes this will be my first bike. I was looking at the 08 R6s since it is a lot cheaper than the 08 R6. I got quoted 8000 OTD for a raven R6s. I was wondering if this was a good price. thanks ahead for the advice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i live in Southern California and i got that price OTD. Looking to get this bike soon as my first bike. Ive never owned a bike but have ridden on 1000cc's which i think is too powerful for me. I felt like all the 600cc bikes had more than enough power.

·
Newb On A Mission!
193 Posts
very good price... im in florida.. and best here was 8700 otd..

so id say good deal.

people are still selling 07 used ones for 7k

so 8k for a new one.... great price

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was also wondering if it is worth it to get an R6 over an R6S. thanks for your guys' / gal's inputs. =]

·
Cut corners is what I do
62 Posts
And then you can all be happy for not living in Denmark.

36000.00 USD on the street "Argh!!!"

180% tax and 25%vat.

Jimbo

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I was also wondering if it is worth it to get an R6 over an R6S. thanks for your guys' / gal's inputs. =]
Do you do a lot of trackdays or race? If not, then probably not. They are virtually the same in a straight line, as they have pretty much the same power. The R6s has a bit more power downlow/midrage, the R6 has a bit more up top.

I think the biggest perk to the R6 vs the R6s is the slipper clutch. Then again, if you arent on the track, its not of much use, imo.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you do a lot of trackdays or race? If not, then probably not. They are virtually the same in a straight line, as they have pretty much the same power. The R6s has a bit more power downlow/midrage, the R6 has a bit more up top.

I think the biggest perk to the R6 vs the R6s is the slipper clutch. Then again, if you arent on the track, its not of much use, imo.
Thanks for you answer. Ive been told this by other people. As of right now i plan on not doing any track events with this bike and it will be more for leisure than anything else. I track my car which i feel safer doing than a bike. Again this is my first bike, so i want to get boots, jacket, gloves, and a helmet. Thanks again for you input i think i am set on getting the R6s over the R6.

I was also wondering if the 03-05 R6 parts fit on the 06-08 R6S. Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts