Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone experienced this with their R6? I "think" that is the problem i am having.

The bike will run perfect the first session, then after sitting for a while, it will not start, and the carbs are completely flooded, even into the diaphragm.

I have checked the fuel pump, checked the venting (though i did this when the bike was cool), checked the floats, checked the plugs and they looked fine.

i have been reading about vapor locking online and it seems to be a likely candidate for my issues.

you guys have any ideas? thanks

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Could be your case. If it is consitent doing it, open your fuel cap when you park it and see if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
[No message]

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Similar situation happened to me....

During a fast long ride, the bike shut down on its own and wouldnt start back up, I opened the gas cap and a lot of pressure escaped. Then the bike started fine.

Same thing happened a couple of times after that. I inspected the tank and found that the little rubber orange vent at the back of the gas cap was out of place and not functioning. I took off the gas cap and seated the vent properly and so far...the problem hasnt come back...

Not sure if this'll help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts