Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm having a problem with my 05 R6. I was ridding it, gauges went dead then it wouldn't start. I did research on the forum, bought a new battery (only because it was old, it did not go bad) and I also bought a OEM stator which I installed yesterday. The rectifier had been replaced 6 months ago with a electro sport model by the last owner and I have receipt for it. That being said the entire charging system had been replaced and seemingly no luck. It started fine at first after the install, rode 40 miles, but I had to bump start it at one point and when I got home I threw it on the trickle charger for the night. Any suggestions? I used the voltimeter on the battery and reads 12-12.5 on/off/revving.

Connor

Sent from my iPhone

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
Only thing left is wiring. Check the plug at the regulator. Often times they burn up there. Clean all of the contacts of the charging system. Including the battery grounds.
The charging circuit is pretty simple so fixing the problem shouldn't be too hard.
Going aftermarket on the regulator was a bad idea in my opinion. I only trust a oem part for that kind if thing.

You can download the factory service manual from the r6messagenet in the maintainance section.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts