Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I Cant Ride
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an 07 r6 leftover with now about 33 miles on it.:nocontrol This is my frist sport bike after riding buells for 2 years. I was just overviewing the owners manual and curious if there is a problem with going one constant speed for a long period of time? When I mean long periods of time I do not mean hours, but rather a few miles.I had heard that you are not supposed to but I wanted to make sure. Anyhow, here is a picture and I am so happy to get on an r6.

·
Oorah!
1,140 Posts
umm..when i ride about 45 miles from my dads to my moms..i never really keep a constant speed, always speeding up to pass someone up or i get bored..but i do notice that the motor gets a bit more warm at going at a constant RPM..

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
welcome to the site....nice bike bro........keep it in high gear and don't move your wrist.

·
Custom User Title
1,824 Posts
with 33 miles on it

VARY THE RPM"s as much as possible. even just driving to the bank, constantly switch gears and speeds to keep the rpm's all over the place.

change the oil at 100 miles and then ride it like you stole it

don't ride at the same rpm with a brand new bike, you want the engine to set.

change the oil a lot before 1600 miles, then you can go every 2-3k and of course ride it at the same rpm for a while. its just setting the piston rings that is very important for a bike's longevity.

·
I Cant Ride
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks a lot guys. I have been on this site for a few years lurking as you can tell (05 HAH) and still learning new things everyday. I will vary the rpms a bunch. Its hard not taking it above 8k but I am sticking to the manual.

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
welcome to the forum!! congrats on the new bike!!

yeah the brake in period on bikes suck. it just wants to go and rev high, but you have to hold back. after the break in it will be a lot more fun!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts