Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have a 2002 r6, im havin a bit of a problem with it was wondering if any1 can tell me what it means, im goin to get it serviced at the shop tomorrow so it would be great if i can get there and tell them the most likely problem to avoid searching...

the unknown problem im having:
when i start the bike, i always have to use choke... after i let the choke go, the bike idles rough, sometimes it will idle fine and smooth, sometimes choppy.

when i turn the throttle just rev the engine standing still, the rpms go up, but when they come down, it comes down so low that the bike almost stalls...

when im riding around in first gear its a bit jumpy, like the throttle is choppy but only at low speeds in first and second gear.

and last but not least, when im breaking, after riding, when i come to a complete stop, sometimes it just stalls(while i have the clutch pulled it, or sometimes after i already have it in neutral) it doesnt always do this but ill get it at least once or twice a night usually...

what can this be?

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
Are you letting the bike warm up.Also how high is the idle when the choke is on.If its too low this can cause a stall.You may need to increase the idle speed.Stalling after braking (in a car anyway) is sometimes caused by incorrect float level.Dont know if your carbs have floats.Stalling could also be caused by low idle speed and/or too rich fuel mixture.Again im going by car standards.Either way i think your carbs are out of adjustments or may even need a rebuild.Let the mechanic know this when you take it in.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
good rebuild and sync should do it carbs have alot of moving parts that wear out
just one of those things

could also be fuel filter or stuck float don't know too much about the carbed r6's never looked at one
what kind of carbs are on them???

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wish i knew... lol never dealt with carbed engines before only fuel injected

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
Carbs are probably keihin.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how much do shops usually charge to clean n sync the carbs?

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
Have no idea.Ive always done rebuilds on my camaros carb.Try calling a shop.Rebuild kits are cheap probably.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:-\ i wish i can find a detailed picture write up on how to clean 02 r6 carbs :-\ been searchin all over

1 - 9 of 9 Posts