Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other day my girlfriend wanted me to burn out and i think i may have messed up the clutch. I heard a weird noise well letting out the clutch. When i took her out to eat i noticed after hitting 80, i couldn't go any further. It seemed like every time i try'ed to hit the gas hard, the bike would rev rather then go. And this is with the clutch fully released. We plan on taking the bike to the motorcycle shop on monday to get it fixed. But i would like to know what the problem is when i walk in.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Other day my girlfriend wanted me to burn out and i think i may have messed up the clutch. I heard a weird noise well letting out the clutch. When i took her out to eat i noticed after hitting 80, i couldn't go any further. It seemed like every time i try'ed to hit the gas hard, the bike would rev rather then go. And this is with the clutch fully released. We plan on taking the bike to the motorcycle shop on monday to get it fixed. But i would like to know what the problem is when i walk in.
if your bike is revving out and not going anywhere than it is probably the clutch, as long as your not shifting in to neutral

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok :( yea am not even touching the clutch when it happens. i just hit the gas hard and instead of going faster it revs.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is there different types of clutches? stronger? cheaper? Just wondering since i need to fix it. Might as well as buy something that would last longer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts