Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend I changed the oil and oil filter on my 07 r6 with Repsol 4T sport 10w 40. I had do disconnect the shifter linkage to access the filter. I put it all back together the same way it came apart. Now when I ride I have been having troubles shifting at times. I'll go to up shift and the lever will come up more than usual, but be very soft and not click into the next gear. This also sometimes happens with downshifting. Anybody have any ideas ?

·
I eat what my R6 cooks!
2,498 Posts
It sounds like you may have adjusted the linkage and it is buggered up on accident. I would suggest putting the bike on a stand and slowly adjusting the linkage until it starts working properly.

Otherwise, check everything over again just to be absolutely sure nothing got messed up.

If all else fails, take some pictures of the linkage and all and maybe someone on here can see the problem.

·
Two wheels move the soul.
5 Posts
Check your detent spring in the shifter itself. Common issue actually, just happened to a buddy of mine.

·
Forum Moderator
3,117 Posts
Did you by accident flip the shift arm when you put it back together? If so, it will give you GP shifting. Backwards from standard shifting. It's what I run and love it.

·
2007 R6
915 Posts
Did you by accident flip the shift arm when you put it back together? If so, it will give you GP shifting. Backwards from standard shifting. It's what I run and love it.
^This

I accidentally did that the last time I changed oil because I got in a rush putting it back together.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts