Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just had a Mid Pipe, PCIII, and GYTR Exhaust put on my bike this week. I've been having a problem with it dying on me when downshifting from 2nd to 1st. Once my bike is up to about 160 or so, its not so much a problem. Is this a PC issue, and a simple tweak, or something a little more major? Like i said, i can't really start riding until it hits about 160, or it will die on me as soon as i roll off. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
have you loaded the correct for your bike already? If you're still running the stock map with those mods, it could cause your problem.

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no its the custom map. 160 degrees, which i don't mind for it to warm up, but its just weird because it didn't do it before obviously. Could it be running to lean or not enough?

·
Twist....
59 Posts
does it ONLY occur when shifting from 2nd to 1st and at no other time? and did it start as soon as you got your custom map? could be bad pc3. that wouldnt really explain why it happens during shifting or the temp thing. have you contacted the place you took it to get your custom map?

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm going to call them tomorrow. I hope its not a bad PC. It just feels like its going to die when i get into low rpms, whether i have the clutch pulled in or down shifting. I'll call them tomorrow and have a look at it.

·
Love to RIDE!
238 Posts
Try a different map, I'm sure that's what it is. I'm running the Leo vince map from their web site and it works really good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts