Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 98% complete Project bike made its first real track debut yesterday. I had ridden it previously at one event for a shakedown run in a couple sessions, but that was prior to the 520 chain kit, BST wheels, new rotors and rear caliper install etc.

Overall I am extremely happy with the way it turned out. Effortless almost telepathic handling that I can ride for multiple consecutive sessions without feeling fatigued. In contrast after 20 minutes on my ZX-10 I feel like I have been on the treadmill running with 15lb weights in each hand...

Ohlins FGRT219 Forks + YA468 TTX-GP + SD 020 Damper Kit
Brembo .484 Calipers + SS Rotors + MKII Master (still prefer these over the RCS in regards to modulation)
Braketech Cast Iron Rear FF Rotor with Brembo CNC Black Caliper
Spiegler Lines
Carbonne Lorraine C60 Race Pads
Sato Racing Rear Sets and accessories
M4 Full Stainless Exhaust
FTECU Tune with Auto-Blip QS
Drive Systems Sprockets with DID chain
Woodcraft Case Covers
Armor Bodies Race Plastics + Zero Gravity Windscreen

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some upgrades going on tonight and tomorrow

Carbon Fiber Intake and MotoHolders Fairing Stay and Subframe as well as a gratuitous shot of the BST and Cast Iron Rotor etc. I doubt anyone is interested, but I am also working on a custom thumb brake setup on the ZX-10. I can post more on that later if requested

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Awesome bike. Going through a similar build. Motorsport Exotica out of LA is doing the build. I’m hoping that it’s a similar situation in terms of being easy to run laps. I currently have a 07 r6 track bike and I’m spent after 10-15mins riding.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
80 Posts
Looks good. Buttonwillow is only about 40 miles or so east of me.. need to take my 6 out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll be there on the 11th doing suspension and with a little luck will get to throw a leg over one in anger during the afternoon

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts