Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Why would someone wanna transplant 03 r6 headlights in the 99-02 models? If you were going through all the trouble of retroing projectors why not make it count?
Why do you care?? I thought you said that aftermarket projectors were the only way to do it. Change your mind??

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I'm buying an 03 r6 in the near future and I want to remove the stock 2 low beam projectors and replace them with bosch bi xenon projectors.

Just wanted to know what kinda fit it'd be like, as the projectors I have are the smallest bi xenons available but are larger than most halogen projectors

·
Registered
166 Posts
Good choice for a motorcycle. Maybe you should get this-http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4502202989&category=35598 - and see if they fit. I would guess yes if your projectors look anything like the ones on that HIDplanet site.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I might just do that, although I am fond of the dual projectors look on the r6 so I might have to keep the stock high beams in addition to the bi xenon highs. Looks more filled in.

Either way thanks for the link, hopefully it doesnt go up too much so I can do zome testing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts