Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Just finished my projector/halo install and thought that I would share a couple of pics.
I am happy with the result but what a pain in the.......!! I bought a kit and ended up chopping it to bits and throwing half of it in the bin.

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Looks great man, what did you use as the mounting bracket/shroud?

I know it took a long time for mine about 3 days 11 hours each because I didn't know what I was doing but in the end I love it and get a lot of compliments on it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
BME460
351 Posts
Thanks guys.

The kit i bought was from http://www.xdcycle.com/discount-motorcycle-accessories/2006-2007-Yamaha-R6-Projector-HID-CCFL-Halo-Eyes-Combo-Duel-Projector-Lights.html

The kit came with all of the mounting boards etc.... I just found the instructions really confusing so I chopped it up and wired it together separately. It came out pretty clean and I mounted some orange led's in the housing while i was at it. It took a bit over a day in total.

same place i got mine... def. agree on the directions.. didnt make much sence so i just did my own thing. u have any prob. with one of your high beams not workin??

·
Resident JMU Wizard
1,218 Posts
Looks terrific. I envy you guys with the black forks.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Looks great! Can't wait to get myself a pair!

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
looking good

·
Registered
875 Posts
Looks great man! Nice work

·
Registered
107 Posts
any close ups? you paint the chrome housing in the headlights black?

·
/2ºº§T
215 Posts
Hmmm. Looks like they are mounted upside down. I just installed a the same kit on a bike and the halo ends were on the bottom of the projectors. Got any pics of the light pattern?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
same place i got mine... def. agree on the directions.. didnt make much sence so i just did my own thing. u have any prob. with one of your high beams not workin??
No problems with the high beam. The biggest problem was figuring out the H4 plug/connector thing. I tried so many combinations but the instructions had next to no detail and I thought they were a little misleading. It could just have been me though.
Once I bit the bullet and chopped it up it was quite easy to get it all working properly and used a lot less wiring too. Just bought a switch for the dash that has a light in it when the halos are on.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
any close ups? you paint the chrome housing in the headlights black?
Work has been a bit crazy but I'll try and get some close ups. I didn't when I first put it together but I have pulled it all off and redone it. I left the housing around the projector lense chrome but painted the rest in matte black and taped up the wiring to make it a bit neater.

Hmmm. Looks like they are mounted upside down. I just installed a the same kit on a bike and the halo ends were on the bottom of the projectors. Got any pics of the light pattern?
:( Yeah they were. I was so annoyed and in such a rush that i just put it all together to get it working. I took it apart and re-did it from scratch to correct the fact that I was shining the lights skyward. I stupidly assumed that the ends would be at the top of the projector. Oh well, it gave me a chance to tidy a few things up anyway.
I'll try and get a pic tonight of the light pattern.

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Work has been a bit crazy but I'll try and get some close ups. I didn't when I first put it together but I have pulled it all off and redone it. I left the housing around the projector lense chrome but painted the rest in matte black and taped up the wiring to make it a bit neater.

:( Yeah they were. I was so annoyed and in such a rush that i just put it all together to get it working. I took it apart and re-did it from scratch to correct the fact that I was shining the lights skyward. I stupidly assumed that the ends would be at the top of the projector. Oh well, it gave me a chance to tidy a few things up anyway.
I'll try and get a pic tonight of the light pattern.
Did that my first time too so I had to throw it back it back in the oven and reposition the projectors. I was like wtf? when I turned them on and tried to adjust them and they were bouncing everywhere.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts