Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had projectors installed in my bike by masterjj. They look amazing and im very happy with how it turned out other then the fact that i can barely see at night. When i take corners (short and long) the light doesn't project through the corner it just disappears and im pretty much guessing where the road is until the bike comes out of the corner. Has anyone ever had this problem? i don't know if its just the angle of the projectors or the 6k HIDs im using. Any input would be great!

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
You can adjust where the headlights are aimed... 10mm socket on the LOWEST or the FARTHEST OUTSIDE bolts on the lights to move them. The bolt(s) closest to your intake-- don't touch those.

·
Go Ahead
2,705 Posts
A projector is NOT good for corners. Projectors create a flat plane of light. ------------, so when you turn, it will dip to one side or another. This is the downside of having projectors. Aim them as high as you can WITHOUT blinding people so that your high beam will help around corners.

-Ant.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Yeah my projectors are kinda shitty in corners but they more than make up for it on the straights!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Yeah turns can be pretty bad. Like everyone else said, adjust your lights higher but so that your low beams won't blind anyone. That will help your high beams too.

·
xHEAVENS WEAPONx
1,225 Posts
i've got the same problem, freakin' sucks!!

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
Has anyone tried to tilt the brake side cut off level to angle up and show more of the road when you're turned?

I usually just don't ride hard at night.. unless I have time to put up my flood-lights along the route first.

:sing

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i feel a little better knowing im not alone now. Im out of town for another 2 days so ill definitely try and adjust them when i get home. Thanks for the input!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts