Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
where da shrooms at?
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well heres a project i worked on a while back. its basically two sets of projector lamps, one set has a blue tint to the ballast, which i got to match the colors of the bike, and the other set is a pair of clear projectors. the clear projectors i use for my main light and the high beam. the blue projector i just use to light up blue with l.e.d.s.. ive also done this with the buckets painted black, but i find the chrome bucket to be more eye catching, and also reflects more light then the black.

·
2 Fast 4 U
130 Posts
Great looking Projectors... I gve it to you. :)

·
where da shrooms at?
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
there not R6S projectors, i was going more for a evil look and something that wasnt done before. i had done this same modification using bmw projectors with the stock white halo, and i thought it looked kinda goofy because the ballast was a little to big for the housing. so i went with these instead, and they cost less and have a better fit, also i wanted a dual projector look, as opposed to having one. i can do this modification for anyone interested, all i basically need is the chrome buckets that come inside the housing, and payment for the lights ill need and its pretty much good to go from there. its all plug and play and dont see any wiring, in fact i used the stock wiring. they sell these projectors with both h4 bulbs and also fitments for h7 bulbs like on the r6. if anyones interested in getting this mod done, or the angel eyes projector mod, just pm me for more info.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
If you don't mind and if you have any more pics, could you post up some more pics of the BMW setup? Maybe in a different thread to keep things simple if you want. I have a set of E46 bixenons I'm working on, but just figured out that I don't think they'll fit without sticking out the back of the housing. I'm just curious how you went about it. They all look good though. Great work.

·
Registered
107 Posts
thats sick as hell dude, nice job. you should post some pics with the lights off

·
Registered
322 Posts
did you mount the projector assemblies(im asuming there out of a previous gen R6) useing the stock mount locations or did you have to fab anything up?
thanks and it looks really good.

·
where da shrooms at?
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
everything is stock except for the projectors. including the wiring. its all plug and play. the chrome brackets still inside the housing. and the projectors are not from the previous r6s model.

·
Registered
123 Posts
everything is stock except for the projectors. including the wiring. its all plug and play. the chrome brackets still inside the housing. and the projectors are not from the previous r6s model.
I'm interested, how much did all that cost for the setup. PM me

Do you have any pics of the bike not in the dark. I would like to see how they look during the day.

·
where da shrooms at?
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
heres a day time picture, lights are completely off. bike is not complete but you get the idea.

·
Registered
372 Posts
That looks nice! How much does the whole set-up run?

·
where da shrooms at?
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i bought a new headlight housing, so it cost me around $530, for everything including the tools i had to buy to make the projectors fit properly. without the headlight housing it probably costs around $220 with dual projectors. with single projectors with halos it probably cost around $120.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
:nocontrol

HAVE...I MUST!!!

:nocontrol

·
Registered
192 Posts
i had this mod with angel eyes. and single projectors, heres a pic.

dude that is F%CKIN SICK!!!! :nocontrol i liked the duel halos alot but the singles look absolutely insane as well, i cant tell which one i want to do down the road. you should do a writup on how you did this or maybe like a youtube video? like some step by step stuff that would be sweet i would love to do this mod excellent work

1 - 20 of 25 Posts