Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I Am THE Reaper
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Been a long time since Ive been here. I have a slight issue with my projectors. The bulbs are not coming on, however, the Halos around the projectors do light up as well as the accent LEDs inside the headlight housing. I checked the fuse and replaced it but still nothing. I dont know what else to check or do. I cleaned the terminals on the battery and checked all the connections. Everything is still plugged in right so what should I do? Only helpful comments please. Its been years since I was last on here so I dont know how much it has changed but I left because there were a lot of smart ass' with negative comments. I really need help because I cant ride my bike when it starts getting dark and its getting dark sooner and sooner. So please help me out. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Bad Ballast perhaps? Find out if your getting voltage pre and post ballast. Were they working before?

If you know the brand sometimes the best solution is checking with the manufacturer.

·
I said biiiiiiiitch.....
528 Posts
Start by checking for 12v at the stock harness. If the voltage is good there, it's an issue with the ballast(s) or bulb(s).

·
I Am THE Reaper
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found that both fuses (the main headlight one and the one going to the relay) were both blown and I replaced them. But once I turned the switch on it blew the fuse to the relay. Im guessing there has to be a short some where but anyone who has done custom lighting to their bike knows the mess of wires you get so I dont know where to even start. Could it be a pinched wire before the fuse to the relay? Or the relay wiring itself? Im getting super frustrated cause its getting colder out and I havent rode since like the end of july. Keep the ideas coming though. I appreciate them. Thank you.

·
I said biiiiiiiitch.....
528 Posts
Someone beyond that fuse is drawing more power than it should. Probably a short. If you unplug the ballast, does the fuse still blow?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts