Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Im in the process of buying a 2003 Yamaha R6. Being eager to get started, I've been looking up HID light kits for the bike. I want to couple them with a halo kit as well. Now the question is what HID kits are worth the money? Do the projector ones make much of a difference? I was hoping to get a more blue light maybe 10k to match the blue theme of the bike. Anyone have any experience with the projector HID kits? Thanks

·
Go Ahead
2,705 Posts
Doesn't the 03 come stock with projectors? Just buy which ever HID kit you'd like. Kryptonbulbs is a sponser here and has great prices. 6k is about the color temp you want. 10k is pretty, but useless. Both my cars in my sig had 10k than I ran 6k and I will never go back. The mod you want to look into is getting both sides to light up as a low beam. Some1 people have that link saved.

-Ant.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doesn't the 03 come stock with projectors? Just buy which ever HID kit you'd like. Kryptonbulbs is a sponser here and has great prices. 6k is about the color temp you want. 10k is pretty, but useless. Both my cars in my sig had 10k than I ran 6k and I will never go back. The mod you want to look into is getting both sides to light up as a low beam. Some1 people have that link saved.

-Ant.
ok thanks a lot ill look into it

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kryptons bulbs look like they are specificaly for an 06+ R6. Seems like they arent made to be fit into an 03. The kit he has just shows 1 pair of projectors while I need 2 for each side. Ive also read that the ones he has are bigger than the ones for the 03. Is there another seller that sells 03 versions that are reliable? Im looking for halo AND projector HIDs.

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
and you only use one bulb for both sides

·
I like cake!
102 Posts
Yea i have done this research myself for my 2004 and you are not going to buy a "kit" that will allow you to have both dipped and high beam on both sides, unless you tackle the challenge with some D.I.Y. The single bi xenon projectors are to big for the housing we have so you will have to have either the HID kit that coop1985 is talking about which i am also purchasing or you follow a "how to" on doing the job yourself, unless you can find someone who for a cost might be able to do it for you?

Hope this helps
Dan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts